Euresys 1629 Coaxlink Duo PCIe/104-EMB
At A Glance
Two-connection ruggedized CoaXPress frame grabber.
- Ruggedized board for industrial and transportation embedded applications
- Small stackable PCIe/104 form factor
- Extended temperature range: -40 to +85°C / -40 to +185°F
- Sustained shock: 40 g/11ms (all axes – half-sine and saw tooth)
- Optional conformal coating
- Two CoaXPress CXP-6 connections: 1,250 MB/s camera bandwidth
- PCIe 2.0 (Gen 2) x4 bus: 1,700 MB/s delivery bandwidth
- Ruggedized CoaXPress Frame Grabber: Compliant with the PCIe/104 form factor. Extended operating temperature range. Withstand high levels of shock and vibration. Two CoaXPress CXP-6 (6 Gbit/s) camera connections. PCIe 2.0 (Gen 2) x4 bus.
- PCIe/104 ruggedized board design: Compact size: 90 x 96 mm module size – reduced footprint for smaller electronic devices. Self-stacking: expands without backplanes or card cages. Rugged, reliable connectors: reliable in harsh environments. Four-corner mounting holes: resistance to shock and vibration. Fully PC compatible: reduced development costs and time-to-market. Backward compatibility with current PC/104 specifications and form factors
Interoperability across manufacturersAcquire images from the fastest and highest resolution cameras: Highest data acquisition rate in the industry 12.5 Gbit/s (1,250 MB/s) bandwidth from camera to host PC memory.
- Use heavy duty coaxial cables: A single inexpensive cable for data transfer, camera control, trigger and power supply; Top reliability and flexibility, performs in the harshest environments.
- Long cable support: 40 meters at CXP-6 speed (6.25 Gbps); 100 meters at CXP-3 speed (3 Gbps).
- Use robust remote connectors: Remote DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors (other connector types available on request). Remote I/O connectors on separate board. Connectors can be customized and installed on enclosure at convenient locations.
- Acquite images from the fastest and highest resolution cameras: Highest data acquisition rate in the industry. 12.5 Gbit/s (1,250 MB/s) bandwidth from camera to host PC memory.
- Modular architecture: The following optional accessories are available =3300 HD26F I/O module for Coaxlink Duo PCIe/104: A remote module that can be installed at a convenient location on the enclosure.3301 Thermal drain (Model 1) for Coaxlink Duo PCIe/104. 3302 DIN1.0/2.3 Coaxial cable for Coaxlink Duo PCIe/104.
- Direct GPU transfer: Sample programs for AMD DirectGMA and NVIDIA (CUDA) available. Direct GPU transfer eliminates unnecessary system memory copies, dramatically lowers CPU overhead, and reduces latency, resulting in significant performance improvements in data transfer times for applications. Direct capture of image data to GPU memory is available using AMD’s DirectGMA. Compatible with AMD FirePro W5x00 and above and all AMD FirePro S series products.
- PCIe 2.0 (Gen 2) x4 universal expansion bus (Type 1 or Type 2): 1,700 MB/s sustained bus bandwidth.
- Momento Event Loggint Tool: Memento is an advanced development and debugging tool available for Coaxlink cards.
Memento records an accurate log of all the events related to the camera, the frame grabber and its driver as well as the application. It provides the developer with a precise timeline of time-stamped events, along with context information. It provides valuable assistance during application development and debugging, as well as during machine operation.
- High-performance DMA (Direct Memory Access): Direct transfer into user-allocated memory. Hardware scatter-gather support. 64-bit addressing capability.
- Area-scan triggering capabilities: A trigger is used to start the acquisition when the part is in position. Hardware triggers come from the Coaxlink’s I/O lines. Software triggers come from the application. An optional trigger delay is available to postpone the acquisition for a programmable time. A trigger decimation function allows to skip some of the triggers.
Camera exposure control allows the application to control the exposure time of the camera. When the acquisition starts, at the appropriate timing, the Coaxlink board generates a signal to control an illumination device connected to one of its output lines.
- General purpose I/O lines: Compatible with a wide range of sensors and motion encoders. High-speed differential inputs: Quadrature motion encoder support up to 5 MHz. Isolated current-sense inputs: 5V, 12V, 24V signaling voltages accepted, up to 50 kHz, individual galvanic isolation up to 500VAC RMS. Isolated contact outputs. High-speed 5V-compliant TTL inputs/ LVTTL outputs.
- Line-scan triggering capabilities: The Coaxlink frame grabber controls the camera scanning rate based on the signals received from a motion encoder. When the parts move faster, the acquisition line rate of the camera increases. When the parts move slower, the acquisition line rate of the camera decreases. The Coaxlink boards interpret A/B signals from quadrature motion encoders to know in which direction (forward or backward) the part is moving. Optionally, the Coaxlink can be instructed to acquire lines only when the object is moving forward or only when the object is moving backward. A feature called Backward Motion Cancellation stops the acquisition when a backward motion is detected. The line acquisition automatically resumes when the motion is again in the forward direction, at the exact place where the acquisition was interrupted. A Rate Converter allows the camera to acquire lines at any programmable resolution lower or higher than the resolution of the motion encoder. This gives the designer incredible freedom and flexibility during the development of the application. A Rate Divider allows the camera to acquire lines at a resolution lower than the resolution of the motion encoder. It divides the frequency of the incoming encoder signal by a programmable integer.
- Flexible line-scan camera operation with the rate converter: The rate converter is a smart, programmable frequency multiplier/divider. Used with motion encoders and line-scan cameras, it allows the user to choose the aspect ratio of the pixels in the image. It provides a way to calibrate the acquisition chain to easily reach square (1:1 aspect ratio) pixels.
- Line-scan triggering capabilities: Coaxlink supports continuous web scanning (to inspect infinite, continuously moving surfaces without losing a single line) and discrete object scanning (to acquire the image of objects moving in front of the camera). A trigger is used to start the acquisition when the part is in position. Hardware triggers come from the board’s I/O lines. Software triggers come from the application. After it is started, the acquisition either:Continues indefinitely (for web inspection applications). Continues for a programmable number of lines (to acquire the image of objects of a known length). Continues until an end trigger is received (to acquire the image of objects of a variable length). An optional trigger delay is available to postpone the beginning of the acquisition for a programmable number of lines.
- Windows and Linux drivers available: Including support for the AArch64 64-bit ARM architecture for Linux.
- Compliant with Genicam: Including support for GenApi; The Standard Feature Naming Convention (SFNC); GenTL.
- The Coaxlink driver includes the following tools: Genicam Browser: An application giving access to the GenICam features exposed by the GenTL Producer(s) in the system. GenTL Console: A command-line tool giving access to the functions and commands exposed by the Euresys GenTL Producer.
- LIFE SCIENCES & MEDICAL: Scientific research = CoaXPress hyperspectral imagers can be installed in aircrafts or unmanned aerial vehicles for environmental or agriculture monitoring, land analysis or airborne remote sensing.
- VIDEO ACQUISITION AND RECORDING: High-frame-rate video acquisition for motion analysis and recording.
- VIDEO MONITORING, SURVEILLANCE & SECURITY: Transmission and acquisition of high-definition video over long coaxial cables for traffic surveillance, monitoring and control: CoaXPress is a recent powerful standard providing a high speed interface between the camera and the PC frame grabber. On a highway, high speed cameras can take images in a burst. The sharper images will enhance license plate recognition accuracy. High frequency real time triggering and exposure time adjustment to the low light situations can be accommodated. Transport, security: Thanks to a high resistance to extreme temperatures, shocks, vibrations and humidity, the Coaxlink Duo PCIe/104 board is particularly well suited for embedded security systems for rail and road transportation, police vehicles equipment or any mobile or outdoor video-surveillance applications.