Euresys 1633-LH Coaxlink Quad G3 LH
At A Glance
PCIe 3.0 four-connection CoaXPress frame grabber (passive heatsink)
- Four CoaXPress CXP-6 connections: 2,500 MB/s camera bandwidth
- PCIe 3.0 (Gen 3) x4 bus: 3,300 MB/s bus bandwidth
- Passive (fanless) heatsink
- Feature-rich set of 20 digital I/O lines
- Extensive camera control functions
- Memento Event Logging Tool
- PCIe 3.0 (Gen 3) x4 bus: 3,300 MB/s sustained bus bandwidth.
- Cooling method: Passive (fanless) heatsink. Also available with a fan-cooled heatsink.
- Acquire images from the fastest and highest resolution cameras: Highest data acquisition rate in the industry; 25 Gbit/s (2,500 MB/s) bandwidth from camera to host PC memory.
- Long cable support: 40 meters at CXP-6 speed (6.25 Gbps); 100 meters at CXP-3 speed (3 Gbps).
- Use standard coaxial cables: A single inexpensive cable for data transfer, camera control, trigger and power supply; Top reliability and flexibility, performs in the harshest environments.
- Robust connectors: Coaxlink uses DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors with push/pull latching system for reliable connections.
- Connect up to 4 cameras to a single Coaxlink card.
- Momento Event Logging Tool: Memento is an advanced development and debugging tool available for Coaxlink cards. Memento records an accurate log of all the events related to the camera, the frame grabber and its driver as well as the application. It provides the developer with a precise timeline of time-stamped events, along with context information. It provides valuable assistance during application development and debugging, as well as during machine operation.
- Direct GPU transfer: Sample programs for AMD DirectGMA and NVIDIA (CUDA) available. Direct GPU transfer eliminates unnecessary system memory copies, dramatically lowers CPU overhead, and reduces latency, resulting in significant performance improvements in data transfer times for applications. Direct capture of image data to GPU memory is available using AMD’s DirectGMA. Compatible with AMD FirePro W5x00 and above and all AMD FirePro S series products.
- General purpose I/O lines: Compatible with a wide range of sensors and motion encoders. High-speed differential inputs: Quadrature motion encoder support up to 5 MHz. Isolated current-sense inputs: 5V, 12V, 24V signaling voltages accepted, up to 50 kHz, individual galvanic isolation up to 500VAC RMS. Isolated contact outputs. High-speed 5V-compliant TTL inputs/ LVTTL outputs.
- High-performance DMA (Direct Memory Access): Direct transfer into user-allocated memory, Hardware scatter-gather support. 64-bit addressing capability
- Area-scan triggering capabilities: A trigger is used to start the acquisition when the part is in position. Hardware triggers come from the Coaxlink’s I/O lines. Software triggers come from the application. An optional trigger delay is available to postpone the acquisition for a programmable time. A trigger decimation function allows to skip some of the triggers.
Camera exposure control allows the application to control the exposure time of the camera. When the acquisition starts, at the appropriate timing, the Coaxlink board generates a signal to control an illumination device connected to one of its output lines.
- Line-scan triggering capabilities: Coaxlink supports continuous web scanning (to inspect infinite, continuously moving surfaces without losing a single line) and discrete object scanning (to acquire the image of objects moving in front of the camera) = A trigger is used to start the acquisition when the part is in position. Hardware triggers come from the board’s I/O lines. Software triggers come from the application. After it is started, the acquisition either: Continues indefinitely (for web inspection applications); Continues for a programmable number of lines (to acquire the image of objects of a known length); Continues until an end trigger is received (to acquire the image of objects of a variable length). An optional trigger delay is available to postpone the beginning of the acquisition for a programmable number of lines.
- Line-scan triggering capabilities: The Coaxlink frame grabber controls the camera scanning rate based on the signals received from a motion encoder. When the parts move faster, the acquisition line rate of the camera increases. When the parts move slower, the acquisition line rate of the camera decreases. The Coaxlink boards interpret A/B signals from quadrature motion encoders to know in which direction (forward or backward) the part is moving. Optionally, the Coaxlink can be instructed to acquire lines only when the object is moving forward or only when the object is moving backward. A feature called Backward Motion Cancellation stops the acquisition when a backward motion is detected. The line acquisition automatically resumes when the motion is again in the forward direction, at the exact place where the acquisition was interrupted. A Rate Converter allows the camera to acquire lines at any programmable resolution lower or higher than the resolution of the motion encoder. This gives the designer incredible freedom and flexibility during the development of the application. A Rate Divider allows the camera to acquire lines at a resolution lower than the resolution of the motion encoder. It divides the frequency of the incoming encoder signal by a programmable integer.
- Flexible line-scan camera operations with the rate converter: The rate converter is a smart, programmable frequency multiplier/divider. Used with motion encoders and line-scan cameras, it allows the user to choose the aspect ratio of the pixels in the image. It provides a way to calibrate the acquisition chain to easily reach square (1:1 aspect ratio) pixels.
- Windows and Linux drivers available: Including support for the AArch64 64-bit ARM architecture for Linux.
- Compliant with Genicam: Including support for GenApi; The Standard Feature Naming Convention (SFNC); GenTL.
- The Coaxlink driver includes the following tools: Genicam Browser: An application giving access to the GenICam features exposed by the GenTL Producer(s) in the system. GenTL Console: A command-line tool giving access to the functions and commands exposed by the Euresys GenTL Producer.
- MACHINE VISION FOR THE ELECTRONIC MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY: High speed image acquisition for inspection machines = The Coaxlink and Grablink cards are dependable industrial frame grabbers that provide robust and stable image acquisition from the fastest digital cameras available. They feature precise camera control and synchronization functions. AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) machines; 3D SPI (Solder Paste Inspection) machines; 3D lead/ball inspection machines. Very high resolution line-scan image acquisition for inspection machines = The Coaxlink and Grablink cards are dependable industrial frame grabbers that provide robust and stable image acquisition from the fastest digital cameras available. They feature precise line-scan camera control and synchronization functions: Flat Panel Display inspection; Solar cell inspection.
- MACHINE VISION FOR THE GENERAL MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES: High frame rate image acquisition for inspection machines = Glass inspection: bottles, vials. Line-scan image acquisition for surface inspection machines = The Coaxlink and Grablink cards are dependable industrial frame grabbers that provide robust and stable image
acquisition from the fastest digital cameras available. They feature precise line-scan camera control and synchronization
functions. Line-scan image acquisition for textile inspection = The Coaxlink and Grablink cards are dependable industrial frame grabbers that provide robust and stable image acquisition from the fastest digital cameras available. They feature precise line-scan camera control and synchronization functions. Image acquisition for robots.
- MACHINE VISION FOR THE PRINTING INDUSTRY: High speed line-scan image acquisition for printing inspection machines = Printing inspection for packages; Printing inspection for labels.
- VIDEO ACQUISITION AND RECORDING: High-frame-rate video acquisition for motion analysis and recording.
- VIDEO MONITORING, SURVEILLANCE & SECURITY: Transmission and acquisition of high-definition video over long coaxial cables for traffic surveillance, monitoring and control: CoaXPress is a recent powerful standard providing a high speed interface between the camera and the PC frame grabber. On a highway, high speed cameras can take images in a burst. The sharper images will enhance license plate recognition accuracy. High frequency real time triggering and exposure time adjustment to the low light situations can be accommodated.